Monday, October 05, 2009

HOO-HA

Click the wolf for the music that accompanies this post.

Tuesday is going to be awesome.

My boss and I are going out to lunch to discuss my recent promotion and my "path forward," as we say in consulting. Beyond the obvious long-term ramifications of the discussion, I am getting free lunch - anywhere I want. This is like hearing "you can have whatever you want for dinner" when you're a kid and your mom is out of town, and you end up eating ice cream and beef jerky for dinner with your dad.

After ice cream and beef jerky with my boss, I am going to the body shop to pick up Bessie. For those of you who don't know, my truck's name is Bessie. Why, you ask?

Fig. 1: Two beasts of burden; black, mostly square with a rounded-off snout, and not particularly attractive.

Anyways, Bessie has been in the body shop for a week now, getting a door dent fixed. The rental car I got set up with was a Jeep Commander; which was better than I'd expected, but didn't have the je ne sais quoi of my beloved Bessie. Ask my wife, I have said "I miss Bessie" 9200 times this week. Once in bed. After I get her back, I am going to start practice for Bessie's inaugural ghostride, a hobby so incomprehensibly boneheaded that if you don't already know what it is, you'd be better served to just keep it that way.

Rounding out my Tuesday will be something that takes a special kind of nerd to enjoy --- a guitar "clinic" with Greg Koch. You don't know who Greg Koch is, and even if you did, you probably wouldn't get as big of a kick out of him as I do. Imagine all the music I like that you don't like, and all the comedy that I like that you don't like. =Greg Koch.






What's the fastest car in the world?


A rental.

-Hunter

P.S. Today's music pick is The Hymnasters

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails